Thursday, September 13, 2012

Home is wherever I'm with you.

I. Am. Moving.

There is nothing that can prepare me for this transition. It's SO bittersweet for me. I feel like I have a family at Parker Real Estate and I'm going to miss all my friends. I am scared... but I am happy! I wanted Derrick to get a job at home so bad it's not even funny. Derrick is still going to try to find a job in Decatur, if he does, then I'll just follow him...but right now, this will be good for us. A time to learn about each other in a whole new way, I mean after all, when we do see each other it's like a vacation.

We're going to have to learn to fight...face to face. We can't just hang up on each other anymore. It's very seldom when we fight, but when we do it's usually because Derrick just woke up. He is a very angry grizzly bear the first 30 minutes of waking up.

I'm about to invade Derrick's space. ALL OF IT. I hate the way he leaves everything out on the bathroom counter and he hates how I put all of HIS stuff in a drawer.

I don't like to eat cereal and sandwiches every day of my life... he does (I think because he doesn't know how to make anything else).

Mom and Dad are thankfully going to watch the animals for a few weeks until Derrick and I can get accommodated.

I also have to throw myself into a new job immediately. My last day at Parker Real Estate is next Friday and I start my new job that following Monday. Ehhhhh.

Derrick gets to come home that weekend so maybe he can help me pack my clothes. I'm not taking anything else with me yet. Derrick still has a roommate. There is no sense in me bringing furniture if I don't know where to put it. I have to admit though, my bed is way more comfy than Derrick's. I want my girly room back. Derrick has ducks everywhere. Wahh.

It really hasn't hit me hard yet that I'm about to pack up and leave everything I know to start a new life... WITH my husband. I think Derrick is scared too... he just doesn't say it. I think it would be a lot easier if Derrick and I had a little more of a stronger support system. Yes, everyone wants us to live together, but Nooo, nobody wants me to move down there. What is everyone afraid of? That we won't come back? It's not making this transition any easier for us.

I know it's not the easiest solution to our logistical issue, but God has opened a door for me, and I'm not about to shut it. It's great to have a whole nice pretty fool proof plan worked out, but God likes to make his interruptions.  I can't wait to wake up every morning by his side and not worry about how much time we have left together before one of us has to leave. Being TOGETHER is all that matters, isn't that how marriage is supposed to be?

2 comments:

  1. aww I'm super happy for you... and seriously, it will all work out! i love "derrick has ducks everywhere" hahha.... it will be so nice to just get to be together, everyone else will make an effort to see/talk to you I am sureeeee!!! how far is the move for you? good luck with everything xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about a 4 hour move. Just long enough for a weekend trip once a month back home. I'm excited for sure. It probably won't hit me until I have to clean out my desk at work and pack up my clothes. I can't wait to make the house feel like OUR home.. minus a few ducks and geese and a little more shabby chic. lol!

      Delete